Recreation, Culture & Facility Director
Full Time Permanent
The Town of Viking is looking for an energetic individual who is passionate about working in our thriving community. Our team is looking for a self-motivated team player to join our team. We offer a supportive workplace setting that promotes transparency, innovation and community building.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage facility users ice schedule and report hour usage to administration for billing back to users.
- Manage facility user contractors
- Assist with sport, recreation and leisure programs in Viking
- Ensure both recreation and community facilities are properly maintained in the highest standard to provide a safe, clean, and appropriate environment for recreation and community activities
- Assist planning and implementation or recreation and culture programs
- Ability to work with all staff, senior administration, contractors, consultants, user groups and local volunteers.
- Develop regular maintenance schedules for our facilities
- Ability to take initiatives and apply practical knowledge to resolve new, unusual or trouble some situations
- The ability to liaison with community groups to enhance the community and its facilities
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, equipment and software
- Take initiative and set realistic goals and develop plans to achieve them in a team environment
- A minimum grade 12 education or equivalent
- A valid class 5 driver's license
- Applicable degrees or certifications will be given preference
- Comprehensive knowledge of work hazards, safety procedures and public safety
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- General understanding recreational facility operations would be beneficial
- Well-developed public relations and interpersonal skills
This position will work with the CAO. The hours of work will generally be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Although some evening or weekend work may be necessary. A clean driver's abstract, and criminal background check will be required.
The Town of Viking is committed to a safe and healthy workplace. Knowledge of the recreation industry or experience in recreational facilities. Having successfully completed recreation courses such as Arena Operator 1, Sports Fields 1 or others is an asset however not necessary. Training will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
This position will remain open till a successful candidate is found.
Please submit your resume to CAO@viking.ca.